We are looking for a motivated and passionate cook (or chef) to join our Hotel Services team covering St Mary's Haven Care Home in Penzance.
You must be able to plan, prepare and cook meals for our residents and carry out various general kitchen duties. Candidates will be expected to use a combination of skills to deliver pre-prepared meals to residents, as well as cook other meals and snacks from scratch, sometimes specific to residents’ dietary and healthcare needs. A competent home cook with an interest in baking would be ideal.
Systems are in place which help us to cater for all special dietary needs, so specialised knowledge is not required, although a willingness to learn is essential.
The ideal candidate will have good organisation and communication skills and the successful candidate will be able to provide flexible annual leave and sickness cover.
Working for us
Our hourly rate for an experienced Chef is £10.24 per hour (£11.86 per hour at weekends, with further enhancements for Bank Holidays). Apprentices and people with limited or no reevant experience may start on a slightly different hourly rate.
Examples of approximate wages depending on hours and days worked would be:
30 hours per week = £307.20 to £326.64 per week (up to £16,985 per year)
Do you have?
- A genuine passion for cooking and baking to a high standard
- An ability to deliver nutritional meals for our residents based on their choice and dietary requirements, and take pride in how meals are presented
- An honest and responsible attitude
- Punctuality and flexibility in your working pattern, including working some weekends
- An understanding of current Food Hygiene and Health and Safety practices and compliance, and an attention to detail
- A compassionate and friendly nature
- A willingness to learn
- Computer literacy would be a distinct advantage
As well as a competitive salary, Anson Care Services can offer:
- Free uniforms
- Free DBS checks
- Paid holiday
- Ongoing training and development
- Excellent career development opportunities for the right person
- Full-time or part-time hours available