As an Activities Co-ordinator at Crossroads House Care Home in Scorrier, Redruth you will deliver a variety of imaginative and fun activities to ensure our residents can enjoy an environment that is motivational and fulfilling. We want to make sure each individual can pursue the interests they most enjoy and that means you will have a real impact on our residents’ lives. The Activities Co-ordinator role involves helping us to deliver an entertainment and activities programme that covers a wide range of pastimes, social activities, outings, and events. Our aim is to help every resident live as independently as possible and enhance their involvement with their family, friends, and the local community.
Could you make a difference?
There is no need for any specific experience or background to join us as an Activities Assistant, although a background in care would be helpful. We are looking for someone keen to use creativity and people skills to provide the quality care we would all expect for our loved ones. It is more important that you have a sense of fun, creativity, and the ability to encourage and motivate others.
We are looking for someone with a real interest in the people we support. Enthusiastic and empathetic, you are someone who will really enjoy helping our residents to live their lives to the full. The right person will have every opportunity to develop their skills further.
Working for us
Our standard hourly rate for our Activity Co-ordinators is £10.55 (£12.22 at weekends). This position typically involves day time working with full-time hours of 3 days one week and 4 days the next. It also inclused and some weekend working.
37 hours per week including some weekends could be up to £400 (£20,900 per year)
- Passionate and experienced in working with the elderly and people with dementia
- Interested in crafts and fun activities
- Able to find new and exciting ideas for the residents to participate in.
- Bubbly, creative, and positive personality
- Organised and able to work well in a team
- Flexible in your working pattern, including working some weekends
- Willingness to learn and develop
As well as a competitive salary, Anson Care Services can offer
- Competitive pay rates, with enhancements for nights, weekends, and bank holidays
- Ongoing training and development with our in-house Training Manager
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Free uniforms
- Free DBS checks
- Employee support option available